Are you ready to join Team KaBo?
KaBo is a direct-to-consumer challenger brand dedicated to hockey that stands for quality design and inspired products at a reasonable price. Since launch in September 2014 the company has grown rapidly and is now looking to employ a general manager who would be responsible for daily operational management, revenue growth and bottom line profitability.
Reporting to the Managing Director, this role would suit an individual who is passionate about hockey, understands the principles that drive KaBo and capable of handling a variety of disciplines including business development, operations, product development, purchasing and finance.
This position is largely autonomous and critical to continued growth of the business. The successful candidate will be expected to make an immediate impact, co-ordinating activities with our marketing, customer care and fulfilment provider, Exact Abacus (based in Chorley).
The successful applicant will be highly organised and capable of working towards a long term strategy to ensure that the brand is not compromised and scale of the opportunity is achieved. This will be reliant on delivering first class customer care and bringing a constant stream of new, innovative products to market that disrupt the competition and challenge hockey players purchasing decisions.
Are you ready to join Team KaBo, lead from the front and build something special?
REMUNERATION AND TERMS:
We can offer a salary of £20,000 per annum and an uncapped bonus structure based on revenue targets. This is a home-based position with a hot desk facility available at KaBo HQ in Chorley. The role will be subject to a 6-month probation period and involve a 40 hour working week.
Product Management and Purchasing
- Creating new products and developing price and content for the marketing team
- Quality control and liaison with manufacturers in Europe and the Far East
- Sales and stock projections with a view to developing inventory plan and cash flow forecast
- Create and expedite purchase orders
- Handling all inbound sales enquiries
- Managing outbound contact strategy to drive kit sales
- Ensure that quotations are correctly raised and checked before issue
- Processing of invoices and adherence to payment terms
- Post sale customer relationship management and addsell
- Origination of content and promotional concepts for development by marketing team
- Participation in online forums
- Establish international sales
- Develop sales through marketplaces and 3rd party channels
- Planning of roadshows, festivals and other activities that provide an opportunity for prospective customers to use the product
- Oversight of Team Kabo loyalty and referral programme
- Management and education of Kabo Ambassadors to optimise sales
- Development of Kabo Clubs scheme, extending reach and brand awareness across the UK
- To record and report on progress against pre-agreed KPIs.
- Ensure efficient tracking of all internal commercial documentation.
- Work with Finance team to ensure correct billing and expedition of payment.
- Maintenance of customer and prospect databases, building and updating to allow effective communications.
- To liaise at all times with all team members and work as a team to reach targets set by the directors.
- To provide input and ideas into marketing initiatives and subsequently promote these initiatives and monitor responses.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
VOCATIONAL AND TECHNICAL SKILLS:
Excellent oral and written communication skills are required to ensure effective business development and revenue generation.
The General Manager will often be the first point of contact for the client and must therefore create a positive and enthusiastic first impression. Good telephone and face-to-face personal skills are essential.
The successful candidate will be privy to confidential information held on our databases and must exercise discretion when handling this.
JUDGEMENT AND DECISION MAKING:
The successful candidate will be required to make quick decisions and must be assertive in doing this but must also know when to advise that an immediate decision cannot be made, rather than promising something that cannot be delivered.
Attention to detail is essential at all times to ensure the highest standard of customer satisfaction. Time management is of the essence and the job holder must be confident that they can deal with a number of things at any one time and constantly re-evaluate priorities.
The role demands flexibility in terms of working hours which may change at short notice. Whilst the majority of duties will be handled within business hours, some evening and weekend work may be required.
Please submit your cover letter and CV to:
Matt Banks-Crompton, Managing Director